Clean Bandit Live in Jakarta!


It's been a while since my last blog post. I'm getting busier than ever. I promised my self that the fifth semester would be an organization-free year. Meaning, I wouldn't join any clubs and organization because I need time for myself. Turns out, I joined 3 organizations this semester. And the worst part is, I'm part of the active team. It's not a bad thing, actually. I just feel like I had betrayed myself.

Back to this amazing post. Oh god it's really hard do start. *take deep breath*
This post is divided into 4 parts. Months before, Hours before, During event, and After event.

Last week, December 8, 2015 has been the happiest day of my life. I'm not exaggerating, but it is the happiest day. One of my favorite band, Clean Bandit held their first concert in Jakarta.

Months before the Concert
I did not bought the concert tickets right after they announced their concert on June. The promoter was still having their pre sale price that was $20 cheaper than the normal price. The reason why I did not get the tickets immediately is because I was still in dilemma between Clean Bandit or Adidas's Stan Smith sneakers.

Days, weeks, and months goes by as the thought of Clean Bandit keeps invading my mind. Before I go to sleep, on my way to collage, anywhere, anytime. And finally on September I decided to bought the tickets. 

However, getting their tickets was not easy. I didn't want to purchase them online, so I tried the offline way by getting them on local music stores. Unfortunately the store was closing, almost all music stores were closing! I can't believe it. I went to malls to malls just to find the music store that have them but it was rather impossible.

I failed for more than 6 times till I found out that a local radio was having a giveaway for the tickets. Being a believer of coincidence, faith, and destiny, I thought that it was a sign that the reason of why I could not purchase one for myself is because I'm going to get one, for free, and I'll buy the Adidas sneakers.

Unfortunately I lost. The next day I bought the tickets on the local music store that was far far away from home.

Surprisingly the radio held another giveaway - but this time it includes a meet and greet with Clean Bandit. Meet and greet. I swear to god I cried. Meeting Grace, Jack, Luke, and Neil live is on the highest rank of my priority list. Having a Twitter account where my friends are mostly living in UK (it's a fangirl account), in which they are not separated by seas and continents from their favorite artist *coughs* Clean Bandit *coughs* , and by the fact that their profile picture were cute selfies with Neil Milan gave me some kind of obsession to take pictures with Clean Bandit too! Therefore, I have to win this giveaway.

I lost. Again. Oh well not my luck

Hours before the Concert
I am happy to say that Tuesday, December 8 was the first time I was absent aka I skipped class. Yay to me! Turns out my sister Zay was not feeling well so she didn't came to her class either. We left home at 1 pm, and arrive at Gandaria City around 2.

Zay and I were being sneeky. We went up to Skenoo Hall, just in case the band are currently having sound checks. There were no one there except security guards and crews who was getting ready for the gig. The photobooth back drop was just being assembled.

We walked towards the elevator. The elevator slid open and Grace Chatto was standing there with James Higgins by her side.

I was speechless. I was shaking. My heart pounded.

Grace was standing there, right in front of me, less than a meter away.

With such a breathy voice (duh I forgot how to breathe, and I was literally shaking) I asked her to take pictures with us. James was so nice he take the picture for us. Tbh I really want James to be in the picture but no one was there and I assume they must be in a hurry.

James took some pics omG he's so nice and hot


 

It's hard to explain how happy we were to finally personally met a member of Clean Bandit and take pictures. *coughs* it was our main goal to take pictures with them! After that amazing encounter, Zay and I were not calm. We can't stop smiling and laughing and be like "oH MY GODD dil i Rreally cant beLIEVE WE MET GRACE".

I fangirled on twitter and upload the picture. It was such an amazing moment. My twitter friends are super nice I love them so much.

Zay and I went to the Musholla to take Ashar prayer, and met one of my friend who love Clean Bandit too. Her name is Nisa. After we prayed, we went to the food court to have an early dinner.

The clock striked on 5 and we went to get in line to queue. The line was long already. Luckily, Putri, a very nice girl that I met online to see the concert together already queued so she was at front. Putri convinced me that it is okay to be in the line with her, so one by one, Zay, Nisa, and I walked towards her.

There I met two wonderful people, Tasha and Elma. Obviously they are fans of Clean Bandit too, and what makes me super happy is that Tasha also loves Years & Years!  

Because the line was getting longer (and started to make people uncomfortable), we finally went to Skenoo Hall and queued right in front of the hall.

Putri went to have Ashar prayer while Nisa went downstairs to sell her additional concert ticket. It was still one and a half hour till the concert, so Zay, Tasha, Elma, and I went to the photobooth backdrop to take some pics. No one was there, the booth was all for us haHAHH we posed wildy like there is no tomorrow.

Below are the photos of the most normal pictures.




So like I mentioned before, no one was taking pictures here except us. People are staying in the line. Our craziness caught the attention of a local media (TELEVISION OH MY GODD) so bAMMM we were interviewed.

During the Concert
Okay, this is more like during we were inside Skenoo Hall. *screams* we managed to be on the front row! Right behind the barricade, right in front of Grace.

More pictures, less texts.

Tasha - Zay - Nisa - Elma - Dil
The concert started on 8 pm sharp, the band played their opening song, Real Love.

We were so close to the stage (and also the speakers). I tried my best to stay still and record Clean Bandit while playing but unfortunately my smartphone wasn't smart enough to pick up the audio. Here's the best audio that my cellphone managed to pic up.

PS: All of my videos has excellent view but the audio is just terrible.

A video posted by Nadilla Marsha (@maojja) on

Zay, on the other hand, her recording is a mess. She literally danced while she records, but the audio was nice. Unfair right?

Anyway, these are the best pictures that Zay and I managed to took. Poor quality, blurry and unedited.







The concert was short and intense. Clean Bandit only played songs from the New Eyes (not all, unfortunately) plus Stronger from the Deluxe edition of the album. Anyway, it was unfortunate that we didn't met Putri inside the concert hall.

After the concert ended Tash, Elma, Zay, Nisa, and I screamed to have their set list. No one in the crowd wanted them, but our excitement seems to attract other people and they ended up screaming as well. Luckily for me (oh yes lucky me HAHHAA), Toby was collecting the set lists when he gave it to the security guard, and instructed the guard to give the set list to me. Well I don't know actually HAHAHAH but I really feel that he was pointing at me and then the security guard gave one to me, and one for Nisa.

I cried.

Zay - Elma - Dil - Tash - Nisa
Thank you Toby, thank you. Your kindness will never be forgotten.

After the Concert
We were still together, Zay and I were still waiting for our Dad to pick us while Tash and Elma wanted to chill at Sheraton Hotel. Fyi, we were so sure that Clean Bandit must have stayed there, so then we all ended up chilling at the hotel together. We went to the bar and had nice drinks. I had a caramel tea, and it was the best tea ever.

No need to tell the further details, but by then we saw Elisabeth, Luke and Jack. Tina arrived about 15 minutes later.

*cries again*








All the things that I really want to say to them were lost in my mind, I ended up being speechless, almost like an idiot. ISTG I didn't know what to say, my brain was unable to arrange words! Yes, I was getting a little dramatic.

Grace arrived shortly after Tina. Some fans were still waiting to see her at the hotel's lobby. As soon as Grace arrived fans ran towards her to take pictures. I was still seated at the bar because I already had a picture with her earlier before the concert.

Bamm!



This is a picture of Zay, holding our set list, autographed by Tina and Grace.
I completely forgot about the set list when Jack, Luke, and Elisabeth was there! But that's okay, tho it would be better if Jack, Luke, and Elisabeth signed it too.


This is the end of this post.

December 8th was such  a perfect day. Going to Clean Bandit's concert, meeting such amazing people - Putri, Tasha, and Elma; finally took pictures with members of Clean Bandit (exclude Neil *cries*), having their set list, and getting Tina and Grace's autograph.

Update
Clean Bandit uploaded the pictures that Zay (@ttanzanite) and I (@eyesshutt) took on their official Facebook page!





0 comments:

Post a Comment