Review: CATHY DOLL L-Glutathione Magic Cream


HELLOOO!!
I'm so glad that I finally managed to find this product. As I've mentioned before, I've been curious about this product since I found a booth of Cathy Doll at the mall. I usually Googled for the details about a brand before I made purchase.
Anyway, Cathy Doll is a line from Karmart, a Thai based company of cosmetics that is formulated in Korea ^^

When I visited their booth for the first time I didn't even want to try the testers because the salesperson told me that the product will give you temporary whitening effect that could last for a day and a permanent effect after 3 weeks of usage. This is actually an advantage but I am worried about the side effects of instant whitening. Moreover,  I haven't heard this product before. The salesperson also told me that Cathy Doll is already well-known in Korea and South East Asian countries especially Thailand. However, I never found the brand on any Korean beauty sites.

I was really curious about Cathy Doll, as soon as I got home I searched reviews and details of product and found many positive reviews. I've also searched for L-Gluthathione.
Well, Glutha is safe for everyone and 100% proven to whiten skin. Glutha whitens skin by reducing the melanin formation of the epidermis going up to the dermis. There are no side effects of using Glutha because it's ability to whitens skin is already it's side effect.

Finding out that Gluta is safe and effective for whitening really gave me a relief. It urges me to try the product. Hence, I bought the L-Glutathione Magic Cream online.



Description
To create a flawless beautiful skin, Cathy Doll L-Glutathoine Magic Cream provides high permeability with miraculous charm.
Effects: Natural plant extracts, plant opti-blend, ultra-soft formula can be used to hide and modify body defects, to make pores invisible instantly.
Intercept ultra violet rays UV A, B and C at the same time protect your skin that being exposed to the sun more thoroughly. Especially, dark spots, to white and aura skin.

Fyi, it has super high SPF which is SPF 130


The product doesn't claimed to be a sunblock or sunscreen, but I think 'sunblock' suits best despite the high SPF and other factors that indicates this product as a sunblock. Just like any ordinary sunblock, it has a runny liquid texture which leaves a garish white cast. The product also have the scent of normal sunscreen despite the faint fruity scent. I asume that the instant whitening effect comes from the UV filters.

The UV filter that acts as the whitening quickly holds on to skin which made it quite hard to blend. I need to use an extra amount of product in order to spread and blend it easily on skin. I recommend to mix it with lotion 1:1. The lotion acts as a lubricant (and also moisturizer) that made the product easier to blend.

I am personally worried more about the high SPF rather than the whitening. Anything too much is no good. I haven't find the side effects of using high SPF, but I do find an article which does not recommend to use sunblocks/sunscreens with SPFs more than 50. Click here for the full article.

However... Anonymous gave me a complete explanation that clarifies how the SPF in this product is safe. I'll explain below.

Apologies for the low quality images.. The lighting was bad and these are the best that I managed to took.




For you who have dark / tanned skin
I have tanned skin and my elbows and knees are dark. Using this product on my body doesn't gave me that healthy bright skin, in fact, it made me looked pale and dehydrated. My friend told me once that my legs looked so dry and I need a moisturizing lotion when I was actually using this cream.
Anyway, the whitening was excellent when applied on my bright areas, such as the face, back of my hand, fingers, and thigh. The obvious white layer blends perfectly on bright skin.

Applied on face
I love how it looked on my face. It brightens my skin without making me looked like a ghost. I don't give many attention about the concealing and how it cover the pores because duh, this is is a sunblock (?). The sebum control is just average. Anyway, for some reasons that I can't prove, I wouldn't recommend to use this product on face. I think the product is a little too much for face that is more sensitive compared to other skin on our body.

The high SPF on this product is SAFE
There are two types of sunscreen. Physical sunscreen and chemical sunscreen. This product is a physical suncreen because it uses titanium dioxide as a sunscreen agent which explains the white cast. Physical sunscreen uses either titanium dioxide, zinc oxide or both, thus, it is safe to say that the high SPF in this product is SAFE.
On the other hand, high SPF on chemical sunscreen is not recommended.

PS: Full credit to Anonymous, who nicely commented on this post :) I haven't done researches (of course from Google loll) to see whether it's true or not, so it's up to you to believe/

Lasting power
It last for more than 24 hours and it's waterproof. Wow! In order to remove the product from the skin, I have to scrub it off with some drops of water or a body scrub. Using soap or even take a shower won't help. I'm not interested to use makeup removers, I don't think it's necessary. Again, I have to say that anything too much is no good. Using cosmetics for too long may result to skin problems. Of course in years of usage /laughs sarcastically/. Anyway, I don't think it stayed that long on face because our face produces oil while the arms and legs don't.

Pros
- I love the design of the packaging
- Instant & safe whitening effect
- Safe SPF
- Long lasting
- Waterproof, smudge proof

Cons:
- Not quite suitable for people with dark skin
- Tho the high SPF is safe, I still feel quite anxious
- Hard to blend
- Hard to remove
- Made my skin dry
- Leaks. I really need to twist the lid tightly

My rate:  / 3.0

17 comments:

  1. My friend recently started using this as well! I'm curious to try it too but was hesitant due to never hearing about it before, however it seems like it works really well. Did you by any chance use it on your face or just body?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a matter of fact, yes I did try it on my face and the result is way better than when applied on my body. I think it's because my face is a little oily so it blended perfectly. However, I'm not quite sure whether it's okay or not to apply on face, since there are opinions saying that it's not okay to apply body lotion on face ^^ Hope this helps :D

      Delete
  2. Hi...I wonder what store did you get this from ..I can only get it on eBay ...I m in CA ...is it at a Korean cosmetic booth? Or arrirang supermarket ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. please like my page https://www.facebook.com/thebeautyshopph

    ReplyDelete
  4. FYI, there are two types of sunscreen. Physical sunscreen and chemical sunscreen. Upon reading the ingredients of this particular product, I found that it uses titanium dioxide as a sunscreen agent (which explains the white cast) which makes it a physical sunscreen as I don't see any other sunscreen agents in it. Physical sunscreens uses either titanium dioxide, zinc oxide or both, thus, it is safe to say that the high SPF of this product is SAFE.

    "It is not recommended to use sunblocks/sunscreens with SPFs more than 50." = this only applies to chemical sunscreens.

    Just thought I should educate people about physical and chemical sunscreens :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i used catchy mart water splash and i love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol.. i mean CATHY not catchy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi guys, Please let me know is it working on dark skin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi! in my case, the product does not work well on dark skin :( it doesnt give that nice brightening effects nor permanent results

      Delete
    2. For dark skin, try it at night before going to bed. When u wash it off the lotion leaves a glow

      Delete
  8. I tried using this as a make up base! It worked great.. I just applied loose powder on top of a very thin layer of this cream. My skin looked dewy and bright. I started using this after using my daily body lotion. Looked ashy. So I tried the lotion on my body at night instead. I am very satisfied how the lotion gets absorbed and how my skin glows after I take a shower after overnighting with the lotion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a urgent question: How do you wash CATHY DOLL L-GLUTATHIONE MAGIC CREAM off? What product I should use? I;m scared! my skin are itching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i scrubbed the product off my skin. water is enough. if it's still wont came off try body / face scrubs. soap didnt work on me

      Delete
  10. Can Cathy doll sunscreen makes break out or pimple?after using it,grows pimple

    ReplyDelete