RUMORS Part I : It's Showtime

Monday, D-Day
23th June was the performance day of RUMORS.


It was one of the best days of my life. One of the best day of my first year of collage.
Our class already gathered since 5 am in the morning, we kinda watch the sunrise together LOL ~

Good Morning from Anggie and I <3


After that we headed to the drama room to get ready for the grand rehearsal. We wore our costume but we did not do our hair and makeup cus it would take 6 hours to do them. Afterall, our show was still in 12 hours.
We finally went to the performance hall for the grand rehearsal. We need to test our mics first to adjust the volume.




During the grand rehearsal, Sir Mika wasn't really pleased of our performance. He seemed disappointed. We know what we did wrong, however, many students agreed that it was only minor problems and the overall rehearsal was great. We assume that Sir Mika wanted us to do great, keeping our hopes low so know we would do better on stage.


We got back to the drama room, taking some rest, fooling around, enjoying our time. Soon by 4 pm the makeup artist arrived and did our hair and makeup.
This is Inez by the way, she's so pretty


Class 17-13A, who had the first shift ended on time. Our class will start in an our.
By 8 pm we went to the performance hall. Our vendor was still building our set design. This vendor, let's just say BI, was a total shit. I mean, BI did most of the set designs of other class, but BI is definitely unprofessional. Our show that was supposed to start at 8.30 was delayed to 9.20 .

Our director, Hakim told us as the casts
"Give the best for our audience, they came here not because you're a movie star or someone famous, they're here because they're your friends and family. Be grateful because you have people like them in your lives.
You don't have to think about the time and duration, make the audience happy. This is a comedy, right? Take as time as you need as long they're happy. After all, we have keep them waiting for a long time ~"

Fyi, the maximal duration of the performance in only an hour.

Us, waiting behind the curtains


By 9.20, we finally started the show. I can't remember what happened it was too fast lol.

After the play ended, all crews and cast went backstage for the curtain call. Grease's Born to Hand Jive was playing and the MC started to call our names! I, I mean we felt so amazing.. After everyone was called, soon the curtain closed and the audience left the performance hall. Back on stage, everyone was so happy. We screamed, we clapped our hands, we hugged each other so tight, we were happy that all this hard work for this play is over but we're also sad that it is literally, over. We still wanted to be together. Sir Mika was there, he greeted us, said that we all did a really great job. There was this spark in his eyes saying that he was very proud of us, proud of today. 17-13A was his class too and they did a great job (their performance was super smooth, they were on time tho). Oh my gosh I really love this paragraph /sobs/ I keep reading this over and over again.

We soon get back to the drama room, we took pictures, and also, still hugging each other.
Since Sir Mika's birthday was a week ago, we made a little surprise for him! We sang him a happy birthday and present him a birthday cake.



About my performance..
I was quite disappointed about everything in me. I slipped twice during the show, well, I was thankful that the first slip triggers the laugh of the audience, but still, I am very worried that it would screw the show.
Last night I watch dad's recording of the show, and I became a lot more disappointed in myself. My voice turned out to be adorable, my movements are not bitchy enough and I was a little too swaying. I didn't realize that the makeup made my eyes looked super small. I don't think I have enough bitchy look in my eyes. My expressions are not strong enough!!

I never knew how I performed like, well I do, a little. I rely on every comments and critics that people gave me. I listen to them. I don't know, I know I can do better than that.

After the show people told me that I improved a lot. I am very bitchy, I even made one of my friend's mom hated me for my bitch-ness. I did a very good job.
Okay if they said that I did a very good job is that mean that everyday during rehearsal I was worst than that??

/Sighs/ let's just say that I did a great job. Well, that's what they say


WHO WANT PHOTOS??


Mrs. Producer, Sir Mika, Mr. Fahad, and Mr. Director
Sir Mika & I
Mr. &Mrs Cooper
Mrs. Producer, Ernie, Glenn, Cassie, Chirs, & Mr. Director
The female casts

Last but not least, US!





0 comments:

Post a Comment