Review: ETUDE HOUSE Sweet Recipe Jelly Lipstalk – JOR202



I bought this last April, had taken pictures, but haven’t been able to make a review. Duh, I have exams back then. And nooow… YESH I can finally write a review.
*drumrolls*



Etude House’s Jelly Lipstalk from the Sweet Recipe Line, shade JOR202 ^o^





The actual color is a lot more pinky-er, i don't know why it looked very orange-y in this pic. Maybe because of the light?
I did not take a picture of the jelly beans decoration at the bottom of the lipstick. The color of the jelly bean shows the color of your lipstick. 



a beautiful heart shape is carved on the side of the lipstick. i hope it's visible enough on the photo that i took.

Overall, the physical appearance of Jelly Lipstalk is really nice. The colorful box, the pearl-white colored container, the unique jelly beans decoration, also the heart carving on the lipstick really made this lipstick so lovable. However, I am quite dissapointed with the color result. The color doesn’t showed up like how I expected. This ended up really pink, as if I was using pink-colored lip tint. Well, Etude House did mentioned about "tint" on this shade, but still, I was looking for some-kinda natural peachy pink, like JPK004 and JOR202. I choose JOR202 because I was hoping that the tint may make it more long lasting rather than the non-tinted. Somehow the end result reminds me of JPK001. This is more like a tint bar rather than a lipstick. (it IS a tintbar!)



Pros
- it has a unique scent, not sure what scent it is XD i guess, jelly beans? kinda nice actually, hahaha
- long-lasting, about 3-6 hours, depends whether you eat/drink or not. One day I use it before I slept and in the next morning when I woke up, my lips are still pink. I think it got absorbed by the skin.
- nice physical appearance. i've describe it above ^^


Cons
- melts! I've seen some reviews that stated that this product melts, and I was curious, I wanted to prove it myself. Aand.. yeah. Well, it does not melt like ice cream. It gets a little soft, and become fragile. In the end, it breaks.. Hey I live in south-east asia where the weather is mostly hot all the time, so maybe this “melt” thing does not applies to some other places out there ^^ also, maybe keeping it in the refrigerator would help?
- the color doesn't shows up like how i expected.

Repurchase? Definitely no. the melt thingy got me neurotic, aaand.. it breaks.
My rate:
★★★☆☆ / 3.0





0 comments:

Post a Comment